The next was on on:
Friday 16th July
We talked about…
How does your org balance keeping high performing teams together whilst rotating people to build their experience? Dynamic reteaming?
- Dynamic reteaming https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dynamic-Reteaming-Wisdom-Changing-Teams/dp/B07YSB9LWT/
- Redgate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5xcKB8lNhI
- T-shaped people in teams where you don’t have all the roles or to reduce bottlenecks – https://jchyip.medium.com/why-t-shaped-people-e8706198e437
I’m in a leadership role and super busy all the time – how can I get headspace time?
- The Advice Trap https://www.amazon.co.uk/How-Tame-Your-Advice-Monster/dp/
- Turn the Ship Around – https://www.amazon.co.uk/Turn-Ship-Around-Building-Breaking/dp/0241250943/
- Leadership on a Submarine https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYXH2XUfhfo&t=43s
Does anyone have any tips for delivering in an Agile fashion to a company/org/dept that has long budgeting/planning cycles or cannot accept frequent releases?
If someone shared that their CTO told them that ‘they’re not responsible for the quality of tech decisions n the org.’ how do you react? and what do you do?
- COIN model for feedback – Context, Observation, Impact, Next steps –https://www.mindtools.com/pages/article/COIN.htm
- Decision quality https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decision_quality
16 months into distributed working and still having difficulty with visual cues during meetings when people don’t have video. what have you found helps?